According to a survey, CBD gummies and CBD oils are the two most popular methods of taking CBD. But which is better for your health? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each, and which should you recommend to your customers?
When selling CBD, we think it's important that you possess a good level of knowledge about the products you are offering - and this includes the pros and cons of their suitability for your customers. So, in this article we will look at:
- What CBD is
- The advantages and disadvantages of CBD Gummies
- The advantages and disadvantages of CBD Oil
- How to advise your customers accordingly
What Is CBD?
CBD is a safe, natural and legal compound derived from the leaves of the cannabis plant. It has been used in medicine for centuries. But only after the passing of the USA Farm Bill was it made legal to sell as a food type across the states. Now, the whole world has gone made for CBD. But why?
CBD is thought to be a good all-rounder when it comes to your health and wellbeing. CBD can be taken as a gummy sweet, an oil, a vape e-liquid, a drink and much more. The two most popular methods are CBD gummies and CBD oils.
What Can CBD Help With?
Some people like to use CBD for general maintenance, rather than for a specific ailment or disease. For example, people who take CBD every day might be at less risk of developing certain conditions in the first place.
Other times, people start taking CBD to help with a certain problem, such as insomnia or anxiety.
What are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are sweeties that have been infused with a certain dose of CBD. You normally cannot taste the CBD, so it just feels like you are treating yourself to a delicious snack. CBD gummies are safe with little to no side effects, and come in a huge variety of flavours.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is a way of taking CBD via a pure oil form. The CBD is delivered in a small bottle with a dropper included. You simply squeeze the dropper to get the required dose, and then drop the oil under your tongue. The oil will absorb, and you can get on with your day. Some people like to place the oil onto a piece of food or a suckable sweet to make sure they absorb all the oil without wastage.
Advantages of CBD Oil
CBD oil is one of the most popular ways to take CBD. It is also the most traditional way. Here are some advantages:
- It's tasteless, which is great for people who would rather not chew a gummy or any other type of CBD food.
- There's no calories. CBD oil is good for people wanting to lose weight.
- The dropper makes it easy to administer the CBD.
- You can get CBD oil in various blends to target specific problems like fatigue or insomnia.
- It's small and easy to store.
Disadvantages of CBD Oil
While CBD oil is one of the most popular ways to take CBD, it does have some disadvantages.
- Depending on the style of dropper, it can be tricky to dose accurately.
- There's no real 'user experience' when taking CBD oil, unlike when you vape CBD or eat gummies.
- It may not absorb as quickly as some other methods.
- If stored incorrectly it can go bad or leak
- There's no flavour
Advantages of CBD Gummies
The advantages of CBD gummies are wide. They are one of the most popular CBD products on the market for good reason. For example:
- CBD Gummies are easy to dose with. Each gummy is going to be roughly the same size as the next, making it very easy to know how much you are consuming. Normally the dose per gummy will be clearly stated on the label.
- CBD gummies are delicious. Unlike oils, which tend to be tasteless, you can chew away on a CBD gummy as a delicious sweet snack or alternative to a dessert. They comes in a huge range of flavours too, including strawberry, cola, mango and melon.
- They can be easily transported. If you want to have a snack at your desk, it is easy to keep a CBD gummy pouch in your purse without anyone really noticing.
- They are affordable.
Disadvantages of CBD Gummies
Gummies are, after all, sweeties. And as with many delicious things in life, there are going to be some downsides.
- Gummies are sugary, so not ideal if you are trying to lose weight or manage a condition like diabetes.
- The sugar in gummies can be bad for your teeth.
- Full spectrum gummies might have a bit of an aftertaste depending on the brand and flavour.
- The sugar in CBD gummies could make your body more 'awake', which makes them unsuitable to have right before bed to induce sleep. If you want CBD for insomnia, an oil might be a better fit.
Making The Right Recommendation To Your Customers
When your customer asks about CBD, it's a good idea to be able to offer them a range of products. So, stock up your shop with 3 or 4 different CBD products. You can use the pros and cons lists above to give your customers information so they can make an informed choice. Good questions to ask are:
- Do you enjoy sweeties / sweet treats?
- Do you have any health conditions that mean you need to regulate sugar?
- What's your lifestyle like?
- Do you want to use CBD at work?
- Do you like the taste of CBD?
- Do you need accurate dosing?
- What do you want the CBD for?
We Can Help
At JM Wholesale we stock a range of products that might suit your CBD loving customers. Check out our full CBD range for more information.