Snacks help us get through the day with a bite-sized boost of energy. However, it’s easy to overindulge on sugary, store-bought snacks loaded with empty calories that leave you feeling worse later.
Recharge instead with healthier snack alternatives that have the added health benefits of CBD, which you can easily prepare on your own.
Adding CBD to Your Snacks
The simplest way to add CBD to your snack recipes is to use CBD oils. Since these products generally come with an easy-to-use dropper, all you have to do is add as many drops as you need for your own daily dosage.
Note that some of the recipes below yield more than one serving, indicating exactly how much CBD you need to add. Don’t worry, a beginner cook can make all these snacks by just following the instructions!
1. CBD Matcha Latte
Get your shot of caffeine and a chock-full of antioxidants with this matcha latte recipe made with CBD-infused honey.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon CBD-infused honey
- Boil water to about 80°C
- Put all ingredients in a blender and pour hot water.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and foamy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
2. CBD Oil Golden Milk
Suffering from insomnia or inflammation? Try this golden milk recipe. The mix of spices combine for a flavourful, rich yet healthy drink.
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 inch strip fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of finely ground black pepper, nutmeg, and clove
- CBD oil
- Add milk, vanilla, and spices to a small saucepan.
- Cook for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Pour mixture into mugs.
- Add CBD oil, stir well, and enjoy.
3. CBD Turmeric Ginger Sweets
This Nest & Glow recipe for sweet treats is also powered by the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. You can use carrot or orange juice exclusively or a 50/50 combination of both.
- 1 cup carrot or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 5cm ginger root
- 12 doses CBD oil
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chop ginger root into thin slices.
- Put all ingredients except CBD oil in a pan. Sprinkle agar agar evenly to prevent clumps.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent agar agar from sticking to the bottom and setting.
- Remove ginger slices then mix CBD oil.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then pour into your mould or dish.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Enjoy! The sweets will be good for up to 7 days if kept in a refrigerator.
4. Superfood CBD Protein Bar
Load up on a variety of nutrients and protein while satisfying your sweet tooth with this superfood protein bar recipe that yields 10 servings.
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 25 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 20 dates, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- CBD oil
- Line a dish with greaseproof paper.
- Blend chocolate protein powder, hemp seeds, mixed nuts and seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and dark chocolate for ten seconds then set aside.
- Blend dates, coconut oil, nut butter, CBD oil, and water until the mixture liquefies. The dates may not completely liquefy, but it’s okay as long as everything mixes well.
- Combine the wet mix with the previous mix in a large bowl. Mix together well.
- Pour mix into the dish and spread evenly. Use a flat kitchen utensil to smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once it has solidified, chop it into bars.
5. Homemade CBD Gummies
Make your very own batch of CBD gummies with this recipe. Just make sure to use one consistent size and shape for your mould so the CBD dosage is even. You’ll also want to avoid using pineapple, kiwi, mango, ginger root, papaya, figs, or guava, as these fruits have an enzyme that will break down the gelatin.
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cup puréed fruit of your choice
- 8 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1ml CBD concentrate or oil
- Add filtered water to a small saucepan over no heat.
- Sprinkle gelatin evenly over the water.
- Set it aside and let it stand for 2 minutes. Do not stir.
- After 2 minutes, stir the mixture well then place over medium-low heat. It should be thick at this point.
- Consistently stir the mixture until it reaches about 74℃ and becomes liquefied.
- Put puréed fruit in a bowl and add the hot mixture. Stir well.
- Add 1ml CBD to the mixture and stir until all ingredients have mixed well.
- Use a small pipette to fill your preferred mould with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and pop the gummies out of the mould.
- Store in an airtight container. The gummies will be good for up to 7 days if kept in a refrigerator and up to 3 months if kept in a freezer.
6. CBD Bliss Balls
Check out this bliss balls recipe from Hello Glow if you are looking for a luscious little treat or delectable dessert. Macadamia nuts are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and healthy fats, so you can enjoy this snack guilt-free.
- ¾ cup of raw, roasted, or salted macadamia nuts
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon or 120 milligrams CBD-infused MCT oil
- Blend the macadamia nuts until they turn into a thick paste.
- Add the melted coconut oil and CBD oil then blend until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Put the macadamia mixture into a large bowl and mix it with almond flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and unsweetened shredded coconut. It should feel like a cookie dough.
- Add a few drops of monk fruit sweetener or stevia to the dough depending on your preference.
- Fold in the cacao nibs until they are evenly distributed.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a small ball between your palms.
- Store in an airtight container. The balls will be good for up to 7 days if kept in a refrigerator and up to a month if kept in a freezer.
7. CBD-infused Crackers
Spice up boring, old crackers with garlic, red pepper, ranch dressing, and CBD isolate. This recipe will net you a whole box of CBD-infused crackers to snack on, each containing about 3 to 4 milligrams of CBD.
- ½ gram of 99% CBD isolate
- 1 16 ounce box of crackers
- ½ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 packet of ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper or to taste
- Combine oil with CBD isolate.
- Preheat oven to 93°C
- Mix CBD-infused oil, ranch dressing, and crushed pepper then pour over crackers. Let the mixture sit, the longer the better.
- Bake for 10 minutes then let cool.
Snack Healthier with CBD
No need to deprive yourself of sweet or savory goodness in your snacks just to stay healthy. Try out any of these delicious CBD snack recipes that you can whip up quickly in the kitchen.
Since January 2019 CBD has been considered a ‘novel food’, meaning that you need to apply to the FSA for authorisation to sell it in the UK. At JM Wholesale, all the CBD products we stock are Novel food compliant, meaning you can buy with confidence, knowing they’re fully approved by the Food Standards Agency.
To find out more about CBD, or to purchase from the UK's leading CBD distributer, visit the JM wholesale website.